Old 05-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Matt

Default Rechargeable mower problem

Mike P. wrote in
:

On 19 May 2003 15:35:58 -0700, (Alex) wrote:

Mike P. wrote in message
Hi folks! Hoping some wise person out there will know the answer to
this one...

I've got a Craftsman rechargeable lawnmower that I've used happily
for ~3 years. A couple of weeks ago the grass started growin', so I
charged the sucker up and began to mow.

Trouble is, the darn thing doesn't seem to be holding a charge like
it used to. I can cut about 1/3 of my very small urban yard on a
charge. In the past, getting through the whole thing on a single
charge wasn't a problem!

Any ideas what the problem might be? Battery no good any more? (I
hope not, b/c Sears wants $147 for a replacement!) Charger, maybe?

I currently have the same problem, but I have the Ryobi bmm2400
version and cannot find a place for parts.

The 24V craftsman version should be the same, If you could send me the
sears model number I might be able to get parts for mine.

$147 does not seem to be an unreasonable amount for a 24v sealed
lead-acid battery.

Hey again Alex --

Model numbers for ya:

* on the deck of the mower 917.386402
* on the engine 143.980000

Best of luck!

- Mike P.

That is a Tecumseh "engine" model number. Check with any
authorized Tecumseh engine dealer. They should be able to
get batteries for it. If not, e mail me at

j m g NO 1 4 2 1 3 SPAM at f r o n t i e r n e t D O T n e t

Remove the obvious two words, and I will see what I can do.

Matt