Old 05-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] worms

Thanks Nina thanks Jim and Carl
for your answers
Nina where could I see your FAQ?
thanks
Theo

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

can be earth worms be bad or just not dangerous for bonsais like
ficus or others?
Theo

I forgot this one for the FAQ:

Q: Are earthworms bad for bonsai?

A: Earthworms are beneficial organisms that improve soil properties.
However, earthworm "castings" tend to be too heavy for bonsai, and
could lead to waterlogging. Therefore, worms should be escorted out
of the bonsai pot. The real question, however, is how the earthworms
managed to survive in the bonsai pot at all; a well-draining mix is
too dry to support earthworms. You need to check that your soil
isn't already too heavy.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Frederick, MD

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo