Old 05-06-2003, 09:12 AM

Default OT ... Burning Wood - Open Fireplace

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...s?OpenDocument

Anyone has any thoughts on the problems associated with open fireplaces?

I'm using my open fireplace every Friday when I have friends over for a late
evening party. I found that if I cut the redgum wood to a (human's) arm
length and width, the fire burns quite nicely and doesn't have any smoke
problems.

Some of my friends suffer from asthma but say they love my fireplace and
don't suffer from any side-effects afterwards.

But the government site claims that there are no safe level of wood smoke;
.... then again this is the same government that's operating a nuclear
reactor at Lucas Heights... just kidding there

Any comments on open fireplaces?

--
I apologize if you are seeing this same message posted here a dozen times.