Old 05-06-2003, 09:17 AM
news.so-net.com.hk

Default incadecent vs. luminecent

Hi,

I have a 2gal tank with a 28W light.DIY CO2.

What is once a planted garden has become a overgrown forest in 3 weeks.

I understand what your "pretty scarry" means

Good thing to note so far, I got pearling almost everyday.

Cheerios
Vincent

"Ron Nelson" wrote in message
I think you'll probably want more light if you want to grow high light
plants... If it were mine I would at least go for 2x65 watt power compacts
or maybe even 4x55 watt. Since you already have co2 on the way you'll be

OK
with more than 2 watts per gallon. Although the amount of growth that you
can get out of 3-4 watts per gallon is pretty scary!!!

HTH
Ron

"Aku, Shapeshifting Master Of Darkness" wrote in message
had a shop light 2x40 w setup for a few days. package says it's equal to
175 w incadecent. It's over a 55gal tank. Is this sufficent for
low/moderate plant growth? Can I grow High light plants in this tank?

I've
got CO2 on the way. Right now I have 1 melon sword, a bunch of crypts,

and
spirilla in there. Do I need more light? Not much room left at the top.