Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Mary Fisher

Default Nails in trees?

.
I had forgotten how difficult rope ladders are to climb!!
Laurence

The trick, if it's not tethered at both ends, is to put each foot at
different sides of the ladder.

Still not easy in bare feet ... :-(

Mary

Hmmm... I may be pondering the physics of that for a long time.. how does
the ladder rung know which side the foot is coming from?

You don't take the first foot off before putting on the second, so it
knows it's coming from the other side ;-)

Problem with rope ladder is that your feet tend to shoot from under you,
leaving ladder at 45 degrees with you hanging under it. Holding rungs
from behind will help to correct this, keeping your upper body close to
the ladder and therefor above your feet, but some people prefer to go up
as Mary describes with one foot from behind.

Some people yes. In truth I prefer not to go up (or down) them at all!

Mary

--
Kay Easton