Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Zizz

Default question of herbs

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...
Parsley will slow and do nothing much over winter and then in the spring

you
get the best growth for picking before it goes to seed. I allow it to seed
all around and some will grow where it's not in the way. Not sure about

Dill

Robert
"miklol" wrote in message
news :
: I have a selection of herbs in pots and am thinking of putting them in

my
: shingle beds, but only if they will be permanent. How do dill and

parsley
: winter, and will they need any control ie trimming back?
:
:

I've a dill plant that grew to about 6ft last year, it dies down over winter
and then sprouts up again. I've currently about 3 1/2 feet this year despite
me thinking I had pulled it up!
Not sure about parsely as mine is growing in a sheltered part shaded area
and going nuts at the moment!