Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
shannie

Default apple fruitlets gone

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message ...

You wouldn't really want an apple tree to fruit as early in its life as
this and I seem to remember that Discovery isn't quick to come into
fruit when young. So that in itself isn't worrying.

The loss of leaves is much more worrying. I presume it was a pot-grown
tree if you planted it in May. It would have needed a lot of watering
last summer as it's not an ideal time to plant a tree. Did it remain
healthy-looking all last year?

Yes, it was planted from a pot, it looked very good last summer, no fruit
but then we didn't expect any, but lots of leaf, certainly a lot more than
it has now, think there are about 10 leaves on it as we speak

Janet G