Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Zizz

Default question of herbs

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Zizz wrote in message ...
I've a dill plant that grew to about 6ft last year, it dies down over

winter
and then sprouts up again. I've currently about 3 1/2 feet this year

despite
me thinking I had pulled it up!
Not sure about parsely as mine is growing in a sheltered part shaded

area
and going nuts at the moment!

Dill is a hardy annual, what you are seeing is the original plant dying
off and then a new, self set one growing to replace it, unless you are
thinking of fennel, not the bulbous type, but there are green and bronze
fennels, seeds and scent like dill, which are perennials.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Dill and Fennel are so closely related that tbh I would have a hard time
telling the difference between a green dill and a green fennel. Mines green
and I picked the flower heads before they set seed so this is the original
plant come up in the same place, just more of it!