Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Victoria Clare

Default nemaslug

"Aileen Howard" wrote in
:

May seem a silly question from a relative newbie, but it's all very
well to trap lots of slugs and snails, but what do I then do to kill
them? I can, with difficulty, bring myself to crack snail shells, but
what about slugs - yuk - can hardly bear to think about them. Luckily
most of the problems in my garden are snails.

Nemaslug is not a trap, but a lot of tiny predators that infest the slugs
and kill them off. You might see the odd dead slug on the surface, but not
many: I think they mostly bury themselves when they feel ill.

I found it quite effective: you do have to make sure you do the whole area
though.

Personally, I don't find snails a serious pest, so if I do come across one
eating something it shouldn't, I just bung it up the garden into a shrub.
If it survives the ride, it is welcome to all the shrub it can eat!

Victoria Clare