Old 01-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Bruce Ella

Default nemaslug

trying this out in my garden... quite like the idea of a non chemical
solution to slugs. Has anyone out there tried the nemaslug product.
apparently the nematodes used are very selective for slugs, and infect and
kill them, even below the ground.

kind regards
Bruce

Old 01-06-2003, 09:20 PM
hayley

Has anyone out there tried the nemaslug product.

I've found it works well, even on my heavy clay.
Hayley

Old 01-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Mary Fisher

"hayley" wrote in message
Has anyone out there tried the nemaslug product.

I've found it works well, even on my heavy clay.
Hayley

Me too, on good loam.

Mary

Old 02-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Séan Donnellan

We are trying the Nemaslug and NemaWeevel.
Also 30 ladybirds spread throughout the garden for greenfly etc.

So far so good re slugs, Vine Weevils and greenfly.

Cheers
Séan & Debora
London, UK

Old 03-06-2003, 03:08 PM
ged hickman

Where can the nemaslug product be found, and what is it exactly?
My garden is over run with slugs
regards
ged

Old 03-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Bruce Ella

Hi ged,
I have ordered it from greengardener (can order online at
www.greengardener.co.uk) and it is due to arrive on Thursday. I'm looking
forward to getting rid of them as they destroyed a bunch a marigolds that we
planted.

kind regards

Bruce

Old 04-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Aileen Howard

May seem a silly question from a relative newbie, but it's all very well to
trap lots of slugs and snails, but what do I then do to kill them? I can,
with difficulty, bring myself to crack snail shells, but what about slugs -
yuk - can hardly bear to think about them. Luckily most of the problems in
my garden are snails.

Regards, Aileen

Old 04-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Victoria Clare

"Aileen Howard" wrote in
:

May seem a silly question from a relative newbie, but it's all very
well to trap lots of slugs and snails, but what do I then do to kill
them? I can, with difficulty, bring myself to crack snail shells, but
what about slugs - yuk - can hardly bear to think about them. Luckily
most of the problems in my garden are snails.

Nemaslug is not a trap, but a lot of tiny predators that infest the slugs
and kill them off. You might see the odd dead slug on the surface, but not
many: I think they mostly bury themselves when they feel ill.

I found it quite effective: you do have to make sure you do the whole area
though.

Personally, I don't find snails a serious pest, so if I do come across one
eating something it shouldn't, I just bung it up the garden into a shrub.
If it survives the ride, it is welcome to all the shrub it can eat!

Victoria Clare

Nemaslug etc Judith United Kingdom 8 11-06-2012 09:35 AM
Nemaslug - used it? tazmainiandevil Gardening 1 23-03-2010 10:29 PM
Nemaslug Graham Harrison United Kingdom 2 04-07-2005 02:31 PM
Nemaslug didn't work Bruce Ella United Kingdom 4 17-06-2003 06:08 PM
Nemaslug Barry & Iris McCanna United Kingdom 5 24-04-2003 08:32 PM