Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Zizz

Default question of herbs

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 240.6...
"Zizz" wrote in
:

Dill and Fennel are so closely related that tbh I would have a hard
time telling the difference between a green dill and a green fennel.
Mines green and I picked the flower heads before they set seed so this
is the original plant come up in the same place, just more of it!

I think they smell and taste very different.

Fennel has a sweetish, aniseedy sort of smell/taste, and you can use it in
sweet dishes as well as with meat.

Dill is much more savory - maybe even a little like black pepper, but not
hot- and tastes like pickled dill cucumber (as you'd expect!)

If I remember correctly, Fennel usually has yellow flowers, and dill white
ones.

Victoria

The I've a large fennel plant!
Thanks for the info. you described the scent and flowers of the plant as a
fennel.