Old 05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Druss

Default Water Butts, and manual pumps..

"Dee" wrote in message ...
How about these

http://www.pump.co.uk/shopping/index.php?group=834

AndyP

These do look like exactly the same makes that MachineMart were selling.
However i'll enquire fingers crossed.
Duncan

"Druss" wrote in message
"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fuv8c0.1py33vi1xy0sjcN%00senetnospam@macunli mited.net...
Druss wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fupbv1.wtu4r5x42wvN%00senetnospam@macunlimit ed.net...
Somwhere on the thread on waterbutts someone asked about 'old

fashioned'
stirrup type or manual pumps. I just noticed that Machine Mart

are
selling a good range of repro 'town pump' style pumps from about

20
quid, that *might* be suitable..

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/

If anyone knows of any other sources post here.
//
Jim

I think that may have been me, and the site you recommend is top

notch,
many
many thanks. I have my eye on one of the smaller models, £24 inc VAT

and
delivery, not bad, all I need to do now is work out how to

fit/attach
it
the waterbutts at the top of the garden. Then work up the energy to

actually
fit it !!!

Cheers
Duncan

Glad to be of help.. I had just got their new catalogue and seeing
those rang a bell somewhere in the back of my mind. I would guess you
just need to attach a long pipe to the base of the pump and mount it

on
something but not sure how well this will work.. Let us know if it
does..

What I am keeping my eye out for is an old style 'stirrup' type pump

or
similar.. That said solar power is getting more feasible for gardens.

Raintanks do a small pump for water nuts and suchlike I think.. Hmmm
Might take a look.

/
Jim

I paid the "local" swindon machinemart a visit the other day, and was

told
that these, "fully functional" pumps are meant as ornamental objects,

which
I thought was a bit much given their advert which specifically states

they
can pump up to XX metres.
I think I might give up and embrace modern technology and go with a

small
submersible pump, it's just not as romantic though !!!
Duncan