Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Mark Allison

Default Blisters on Peach and Nectarine trees

On 04 Jun 2003, "Michael Berridge" wrote
the following pearl of wisdom:

It's Peach Leaf Curl, a fungal disease. It is spread by spores that live
in the soil during winter and are 'splashed' onto the leaves in rain. It
will not do a lot of harm, the leaves usually drop off and can then be
collected and burnt, or you could pick them off. Protecting the tree in
Spring with a fleece cover is supposed to help. I have noticed that mine
has much less of the disease this year, but have no idea why. It won't
stop it fruiting, and later leaves are always OK.

Thanks Mike - shall I remove the leaves with red bits on now then? There
seems to be quite a lot (perhaps 20%) of the leaves that have gone red.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.allisonmitchell.com