Old 05-06-2003, 01:08 PM
David

Default Blisters on Peach and Nectarine trees

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message ...
Mark Allison wrote in message ...
Hi,

I planted a peach 'Peregrine' and a nectarine 'Lord Napier' tree in

Spring
2002. All through 2002 I didn't get a single leaf. This year, the trees

are
covered in leaves and seem to be growing well.

However in the last couple of weeks I have noticed bright red

"blisters"
appearing on the leaves of the trees. All the blossom was killed in our
late severe frosts.

Does anyone know what caused the red blisters? Will the trees live?

--

It's Peach Leaf Curl, a fungal disease. It is spread by spores that live
in the soil during winter and are 'splashed' onto the leaves in rain. It

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

I've read that it is best treated as it can weaken or kill the tree