Old 05-06-2003, 05:32 PM
susabean

Default argh!

I planted a shade garden along side of a fence line. My neighbor has quite
a row of tall bridal wreath or some such flowering shrub that has been there
forever....so I planted the area underneath with columbine, lariope, small
daisies, a purple yarrow, and lady's mantle.

Well, he hard pruned his bushes. :/ Which they needed, and which I don't
have a problem with, since they are indeed his bushes, but that leaves my
shade garden with decidedly *less* shade!

My question is.....do I need to move the columbine and lady's mantle, or can
they tolerate sun? they begin getting sun at about 11-12, and then they are
in pretty full sun until about 2 or 3.

Thanks,
Tammy
*who shoulda coordinated with said neighbor before planting!!!!*

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

---