Old 05-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Ali

Default argh!

Hi Tammy,

I don't know about the lady's mantle, but in our front garden which gets
quite a bit of sun, we've got three or four different columbines (which
showed up from the backyard mix just because they felt like it) and they're
doing just fine, and have since they started.

Ali

"susabean" wrote in message
I planted a shade garden along side of a fence line. My neighbor has

quite
a row of tall bridal wreath or some such flowering shrub that has been

there
forever....so I planted the area underneath with columbine, lariope, small
daisies, a purple yarrow, and lady's mantle.

Well, he hard pruned his bushes. :/ Which they needed, and which I

don't
have a problem with, since they are indeed his bushes, but that leaves my
shade garden with decidedly *less* shade!

My question is.....do I need to move the columbine and lady's mantle, or

can
they tolerate sun? they begin getting sun at about 11-12, and then they

are
in pretty full sun until about 2 or 3.

Thanks,
Tammy
*who shoulda coordinated with said neighbor before planting!!!!*

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some

of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

---