Old 05-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Irene

Default Ideas for flowering shrubs

"Neil" wrote in message ...
I'm building a very long hedge line and would like it
to be flowering throughout the warm weather. Right now the
early spring is covered by the forsythia, rhododendrons and azaleas.

I'd like some ideas for mid and late summer. Requirements a

1) Zone 5
2) Mature size should be 5+ feet
3) Will only get about 2 hours a day of full sun. The rest will be dappled
light
with a few hours of full shade.
4) Should like or tolerate acidic soil.
5) Would be nice if it wasn't deer candy.
6) Need not be everygreen, but should not die to the ground each winter.

The only thing I've come up with so far is maybe Rose of Sharon for the late
summer/early fall.

Neil

Maybe some sort of hydrangea?

HTH,