Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pino mugo seeds

hello!
I would try with pino mugo but an original japanese one..
I've been looking for mugo seeds from Japan in the net for

several days, but
unsuccesfully..
keep me posted and you'll be lovely

Carlo,

Luke's message was not very helpful (or kind, for that matter),
but he was right.

P. mugo is NOT a Japanese pine. It comes from the mountains of
Europe. It should be fairly common in the nurseries, worldwide,
as it has been widely spread (unfortunately, in some cases).

The common Japanese pines used for bonsai are P. thunbergii
(black pine) and P. parviflora (white, or 5-needled pine).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++