Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pino mugo seeds

----- Original Message -----
From: "CARLO"
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 3:55 PM
Subject: [IBC] Pino mugo seeds

hello!
I would try with pino mugo but an original japanese one..
I've been looking for mugo seeds from Japan in the net for

several days, but
unsuccesfully..
keep me posted and you'll be lovely

***************

***************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Jim Lewis

hello!
I would try with pino mugo but an original japanese one..
I've been looking for mugo seeds from Japan in the net for

several days, but
unsuccesfully..
keep me posted and you'll be lovely

Carlo,

Luke's message was not very helpful (or kind, for that matter),
but he was right.

P. mugo is NOT a Japanese pine. It comes from the mountains of
Europe. It should be fairly common in the nurseries, worldwide,
as it has been widely spread (unfortunately, in some cases).

The common Japanese pines used for bonsai are P. thunbergii
(black pine) and P. parviflora (white, or 5-needled pine).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

Old 05-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Kitsune Miko

--- Jim Lewis wrote:
[...]

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page
++++

Old 05-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Kitsune Miko

Well, speaking of diseases! I think I caught the one
where you hit the reply button before you write your
reply.....sorry.

Now I have heard many people using mugos for bonsai.
I have to admit that I have gone to the nurseries and
looked at them. I have never wanted to buy one. What
am I missing? Pictures?

Kitsune Miko

Old 05-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Carl L Rosner

Try this URL: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/9381/

This is the site of Vance Wood, known as the Mugo man.....

Carl L. Rosner

Old 05-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Dylan Blew

here is a link to a pic of a Mugo as a Bonsai

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D%26ie%3DUTF
-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

Old 06-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Jim Lewis

Well, speaking of diseases! I think I caught the one
where you hit the reply button before you write your
reply.....sorry.

Now I have heard many people using mugos for bonsai.
I have to admit that I have gone to the nurseries and
looked at them. I have never wanted to buy one. What
am I missing? Pictures?

Kitsune Miko

Sandy,

If you have BCI's Bonsai Magazine, there's Pius Notter's award
winner in the March 2001 issue and Patrizia has a nice one in
the current issue.

Old 06-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Luke Tulkas

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
Luke's message was not very helpful

I knew that you'd explain it in detail, Jim.

(or kind, for that matter),

My apologies.

Old 06-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Philip Edward Lewis

(Dylan Blew) writes:
here is a link to a pic of a Mugo as a Bonsai

try this link to same image... *much smaller*

http://www.indybonsai.org/gallery/st...ugo%20pine.htm

--
be safe.
flip

Pino Marittimo Saxman United Kingdom 9 24-10-2008 05:50 PM
[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 18-04-2005 10:18 AM
[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 18-04-2005 02:54 AM
[IBC] [Fwd: [IBC] Mugo Pine] Carl L Rosner Bonsai 0 02-10-2003 01:22 AM
Pino mugo seeds CARLO Bonsai 2 07-06-2003 07:20 PM