Old 06-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Trident Maple Leaf Problem on Gallery

I just posted some pictures of some leaves of a Trident Maple I
am
having a problem with. If anyone has any advice for me please
check out
the gallery photos and let me know. Thanks in advance.

wmcorcor

===========
On the gallery you wrote: "The leaves seem to start ok, then get
brown tips and then the tips dry and curl, however unless they
are falling without me noticing it seems to not destroy the
entire leaf, at least not quickly and not all of them and it does
continue to grow out new leaves."

So I have to ask, when the new leaves form do they do this? All
of them? Do ALL the leaves on the tree have it? If not, what
percentage? How old are the leaves when the edges start to
brown.

I'm pretty sure it is NOT a fungus. A fungus would quickly
affect the entire leaf. Depending on the answer to my questions,
my best guess would be too much water. But maybe Nina has a
better answer.

That leads me to ask you to describe the soil.

If the pot has 2 drainage holes (one at each end) try setting it
at a tilt and see if new leaves continue to have this problem.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++