Old 06-06-2003, 11:44 AM
wilks

Default Vine weevil killer and bees

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message ...
'Barbara',

Why not say what you are using, to give us a chance at trying to help?

If you are using Provado then this snippet from their site may be of
help:

"On the label it says `High risk to bees. Apply away from bees'.What
does this mean ?This means that if you pour Bio Provado onto a bee, then
it may cause harm. This is exactly same situation you will encounter
with almost all insecticides, which carry similar warningphrases.
However, in the case of Bio Provado, the product is not sprayed, it is
simply wateredonto the compost once * so there's no spray drift or wet
deposit on leaves and flowers topotentially cause harm to bees. Also,
significant research has shown that plants treated withBio Provado do
not pose a danger to foraging bees".

If you want to read the whole site, this is it:

http://tinyurl.com/dlfz

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Yes, it was Bio Provado I wanted to use - sorry, I should have said.
Thanks to everyone who replied. You have been very helpful.

Best wishes
Barbara