Old 06-06-2003, 01:44 PM
animaux

Default Day Lilies Not Blooming

Sounds like Stella D'Orro. Remove the seed heads after flowering and it will
put up blooms on and off till frost. You have to feed the repeat bloomers.
After removing spent flowers, give them a shot of Hasta Gro or granular organic
fertilizer. Even bone meal will work.

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 01:38:47 GMT, "GF" wrote:

Thanks for the help. I don't know the specific variety, but it's a
miniature with orange flowers. One of them recently produced new buds which
gives me hope.

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 01:12:40 +0000 (UTC), (Victor M.
Martinez) wrote:

animaux wrote:
Not all bloom repeatedly. You may have a few varieties and cultivars

which do.
I do not. The only re-blooming I have are Stella D'Orro.

I stand corrected, I was thinking of something else.
Our day lillies are about halfway through their blooming season now.

Yes, the species are flowering now and have been for weeks. The newer
selections are starting to bud up and bloom. They are truly a great

perennial.
My hope is that one day they will find a way to make the foliage dark

purple and
variegated! The perfect plant.