Old 06-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Trident Maple Leaf Problem on Gallery

Jim:

Thanks for replying...

I'd say about 90% have this problem. The age doesn't seem to matter...I
see young and old leaves with it and young and old leaves without it.
Most leaves have the tips affected some have a few spots in mid-leaf
(which is why I was thinking fungus). I have very little experience
with fungus so I'm not sure.

This tree is in a very fast draining soil (1/3 turface, 1/3 decomposed
granite, 1/3 pine bark mulch), three drainage holes (1 large in the
middle) and has very healthy looking roots. It is in the same pot &
soil mix as previous years (with no problems) and the other two Tridents
I have are also in the same mix, location and even style of pot.

We have seen a lot of rain but it does drain fast, it is in a sunny
location with a fair amount of wind.

I'll have to pay more attention to exactly how the leaves ultimately
drop and how quickly. I'll also try tilting it to see if that helps
drain but I suspect with the holes in the middle it may or may not help.

Is there anything else I can show you to help diagnose?

Thanks,
wmcorcor