Old 06-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Nylon abrasive pads as orchid mounts?

How would they look when you grow this beautiful orchid and it's stuck to an
abrasive pad?

I guess when I mount the plant I try to imagine something beautiful and
natural and I can't picture this.

Just my two cents,
Gene

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
I was in a builder's supply store the other and saw some of the
rectangular nylon abrasive pads used to scour rust and paint off wood
and metal surfaces.
I was struck by the idea that they might be suitable mounts for
orchids that need to be mounted on tree fern or bark slabs.

The pads are light, durable, porous and inert. Fastening an orchid
and some moss to them would be easy. Can anyone think of a good
reason not to try this?
These pads would last a lot longer than any natural product. Cleaning
them for
reuse would be easy too.

J. Del Col