Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Dave G

Default Duckweed in pond

Wow that sounds like a good deal. Given the cost of copper sulfate,
Rodeo, and Diquat you will probably come out ahead of the game.

One suggestion......put in a fountain or waterfall or even just some
stupid pipe shooting water into the pond. The aereationsp greatly
reduces the need for weed and algae control.
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 03:14:04 GMT, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

wrote in message
Did you check out that product, Tim? That $199 is for a case(4 gallons)
of concentrate. (plus the friggin shipping)

We ended up signing a contract for a local service to take care of the pond
this year. It was $360 for the summer, which handles all submersed weeds,
algae, and duckweed. They claim they will come by every 3-4 weeks to check
up and do treatments when necessary. This was a bit more spendy than I had
hoped for, but at least we should have a clear pond in a few weeks. And
maybe I can watch them apply it and gather some knowledge to do it ourselves
in a future year.

Thanks (to all) for the tips though!

-Tim