Old 06-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Tom Ellison

Default What is eating my pepper plants

If you are successful in making this work, please let me know how you
trained the hornworms to eat only the one plant you set aside for them.
I've been looking for a new trainer in my flea circus.

Tom Ellison

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
Penny Morgan wrote:

It may be caterpillars or the Tomato Hornworm. Have you found any

crumbly,
green/brown droppings on the leaves? They usually leave these after
feasting on tomatoes and peppers.

BTW, I just learned that I killed off all "my" hummingbird moths last
year. (I love to watch them.) I didn't know until recently that tomato
hornworms turn into hummingbird moths. Big dilemma - tomatoes or
moths... *sigh*

Maybe I'll plant one tomato plant up on the bank specifically for the
hornworms ot eat. *grin*

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu