Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM
harrison

Default Lipstick Plant

Schultz has a fertilizer called BloomPlus. I tried it on some of my
reluctant bloomers and it seemed to kick them into flower production. Also,
maybe it would appreciate a repotting with new dirt. Eugenia, zone 6, two
towns west of Boston
"jammer" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 05:47:39 GMT, "Jenny Rizzo"
wrote:

I have a lipstick plant (aeschynanthus lobbianus) hanging in the corner

of
my dining room that has yet to bloom. About 5 years ago I had one that
bloomed beautifully twice a year. No signs of buds. Any idea why it may
not be blooming? I've had it for about 8 months. It seems healthy and

is
in an area that doesn't get too much sun.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week081.shtml
http://www.bachmans.com/tipsheets/in...stickPlant.cfm

They are related to african violets, they may prefer bottom watering.
My friend stopped my blooming AV in it's tracks with top watering.

jammer