Old 03-03-2003, 05:51 AM
Jenny Rizzo

Default Lipstick Plant

I have a lipstick plant (aeschynanthus lobbianus) hanging in the corner of
my dining room that has yet to bloom. About 5 years ago I had one that
bloomed beautifully twice a year. No signs of buds. Any idea why it may
not be blooming? I've had it for about 8 months. It seems healthy and is
in an area that doesn't get too much sun.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2003, 07:39 AM
jammer

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 05:47:39 GMT, "Jenny Rizzo"
wrote:

I have a lipstick plant (aeschynanthus lobbianus) hanging in the corner of
my dining room that has yet to bloom. About 5 years ago I had one that
bloomed beautifully twice a year. No signs of buds. Any idea why it may
not be blooming? I've had it for about 8 months. It seems healthy and is
in an area that doesn't get too much sun.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week081.shtml
http://www.bachmans.com/tipsheets/in...stickPlant.cfm

They are related to african violets, they may prefer bottom watering.
My friend stopped my blooming AV in it's tracks with top watering.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM
harrison

Schultz has a fertilizer called BloomPlus. I tried it on some of my
reluctant bloomers and it seemed to kick them into flower production. Also,
maybe it would appreciate a repotting with new dirt. Eugenia, zone 6, two
towns west of Boston

Old 03-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Tracey

I have a lipstick plant

I love this plant. I have one hanging on my back lanai
as we speak. Sorry I can't help you with the blooming
thing, though. I've only had mine for a few months and
it's been in constant bloom since.

Tracey

Old 03-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Heather

My dad has one that has always bloomed nicely and it really did well in the
front window where it got a lot of light. He really tried not to overwater
it also so it always did well. Try moving to a more 'well lit' area and see
what happens.

Heather

Old 03-03-2003, 09:39 PM
vsiddali

Lipstick Plante? why is it called listick plant? I have not come
across this plant and had not even heard of it. Does it flower like
lipstick?

Old 03-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Tracey

Lipstick Plante? why is it called listick plant?

Yes, the flowers resemble lipsticks. jammer's reply
had a couple of links to pictures of it.

Tracey

Old 10-03-2003, 12:20 AM
animaux

"...is in an area that doesn't get too much sun."

Advice:

Needs much more sun and fertilizer.