Old 07-06-2003, 11:44 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default ? Tumor, or pregnant goldfish?

I noticed [about 2 weeks ago] a goldfish with a very large round belly, and
assumed "she" was pregnant. She is about 3 inches long [probably 3-4 around
at her belly], seems to be as active as the other fish, eats normally, etc.
But she is still the same shape [not noticeably larger]. How long are
goldfish normally pregnant [if at all]? Although I always seen to be seeing
new babies swimming around in my southern New England pond, I've never
noticed a pregnant fish before. I'm beginning to wonder if she has a tumor
of some sort. Any input, ideas, suggestions welcome.

Mila