Old 07-06-2003, 11:44 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default ? Tumor, or pregnant goldfish?

I noticed [about 2 weeks ago] a goldfish with a very large round belly, and
assumed "she" was pregnant. She is about 3 inches long [probably 3-4 around
at her belly], seems to be as active as the other fish, eats normally, etc.
But she is still the same shape [not noticeably larger]. How long are
goldfish normally pregnant [if at all]? Although I always seen to be seeing
new babies swimming around in my southern New England pond, I've never
noticed a pregnant fish before. I'm beginning to wonder if she has a tumor
of some sort. Any input, ideas, suggestions welcome.

Mila

Old 08-06-2003, 01:44 AM
RichToyBox

I would like to see some more information. Are the scales sticking out
making it look like a pine cone, or are the scales tight against the side of
the fish?
--
RichToyBox

Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 PM
BTC/TAK on ACK

The scales appear normal [tight], and all behaviors are normal [eating,
movement, etc]... the only thing that appears to be unusual [to me] is the
huge round belly.

Mila

Old 09-06-2003, 12:08 AM
GB

If the fish is acting as if it is healthy, ie feeding and swimming
without difficulty, I would not be too concerned about it. I have one
which has been exactly like this for the past four years! It obviously
has a tumour of some kind but acts perfectly normally and seems to be
having a good life. It even still shows an interest in mating.

--
GB
Extract digit to email.

[...]

think my koi has a tumor any advice please wane Ponds (moderated) 2 02-08-2011 10:02 PM
can roots become a giant tumor? Dave Gower Plant Science 2 21-10-2004 02:48 PM
One of my amano shrimp is pregnant :D Empty Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 10-03-2004 04:16 AM
Pregnant fantails???? rlb827 Ponds 3 26-06-2003 03:20 AM
Pregnant alligator plant? Lynn A. Gardening 23 10-04-2003 12:32 AM