Old 07-06-2003, 03:20 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Need Help with fern reproduction

Just go to show how much power there is in a name,
and that great care is needed in choosing and handling names!
PvR

schreef in berichtnieuws
Thank you all for your help in identifying the fern parts.

Just a few clarifications. First, the slide was prepared by an
amateur slide maker from the U.K. whose primary interest was making
slides and not maintaining scientific accuracy.

Secondly, my choice of subdirectory names for my filing system was
never intended to showcase or promote any particular camera. It is
just plain wrong to suggest motives which never existed for my choice
of the name.. It was just an easy way to ikeep track of which piece
of equipment I happened to use for those images. I have use other
cameras and have other subdirectories to contain those images..

I do not mind that others are viewing these images. Please enjoy them
but remember they are not available for other uses..

Aaron

On 4 Jun 2003 13:42:08 -0500,
wrote:

Hello,

This is a darkfield image from a prepared microscope slide labelled
"Fern Spicules." The nominal magnification is about 100X.

I am not knowledgeable about fern reproduction other than to recognize
that this may be a gametophyte or some stage along the way.,

What are these and can anone name the species?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/nghy/n...rn_spicule.jpg

Thanks for the help.
Aaron