Old 07-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Gardening Quotes - Reasonable?

Andy wrote in message ...
I've just had a quote from a gardener to do my garden and I want to

pass it
across you people to check if this is reasonable.

I have a small garden and don't have time to maintain it but I love a

well
tended garden. The quote I got was £15 per week (£60 per month) for

time as
needed and this includes plants / shrubs. Front garden is about 9

square
meters and back is about 16 square meters. This is a year round fee and
plants will be changed according to season. The current garden has

nothing
in there, grass front and back and two borders on each garden with just
earth so this fee includes initial design and installation.

How does this sound? As you can tell, I have no idea so thanks for the

info.

Sounds a incredibly cheap to me, I pay a cleaner £15 a week for three
hours work, and I have to provide all the cleaning materials. Plants are
expensive, and I've just paid about £9 for just three plants for my
garden.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk