Old 08-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Joe Morris

Default hydrangeas

Phyl,

Hydrangeas are happier on the east side of your house. The morning sun is
perfect for them, but that afternoon Houston sun is probably scorching them,
especially if they are close to brick. You could try watering them more
before moving them.

Regards,

Joe Morris

Please remove ZAP to email me.

"Harvey R. Stone" wrote in message
news
I have 3 hydrangeas on the west side of my house. I live in Houston , Tx
so
it is quite hot. One is a variegated leaf and the other 2 are just the
common ones,
There is a pine tree next to them. In all these years , maybe 4 or 5, they
have never bloomed properly. They get blooms but then they start turning
brown from the center of the bloom and that is it for the blooming. What

am
I doing wrong? Should I move them? They get some sun and of course it is
hot sun. What can I do to make these guys happier?
Phyl