Old 08-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Dwayne

Default cauliflower question

Thanks to both of you (Brion & Trevor). This years crop is getting to be
just the size that needs to be covered. I will do that tomorrow.

Dwayne

"Trevor Woods" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2003 12:49:22 GMT, Brian wrote:

Dwayne wrote:

I bought a self blanching variety last year, and guess what. It didn't
work. I had to tie the leaves myself (I used rubber bands - more than

once
because they broke after a few days of sun).

I use clothes pins. If you use a bunch they hold fairly well.

I just bend some of the leaves inwards, breaking them at the spine.
Quick and easy and doesn't seem to effect the size of the head.