Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Jason Quick

Default Perennial vegetable plants

"Ablang" wrote :

I'm told that most vegetable plants will die in the fall season.

What vegetable plants are hardy enough to survive from year to year,

despite
the season? I don't want to waste time planting & caring for things that

will
die no matter what I do to them.

Peppers will overwinter quite nicely indoors if you have a bright spot for
them. They look like hell for a while when you first get them inside, but
getting them somewhat adjusted to lower-light conditions, in addition to
giving them some additional light indoors, will enable you to bring 'em in
for the winter. Just uproot and pot in the fall, or even grow them in pots
in the first place...

Jason