Old 08-06-2003, 10:20 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default History of Pinus halepensis

Iris Cohen schreef
Thanks for the additional info. To be fair, not everybody's browser hits

everything the first time. I am sure I have searched on P. halepensis, but
I never saw these before. I dunno why they called it P. halepensis. It
practically doesn't occur in Syria at all. Now I know its Spanish name.
But I still haven't got one one. Anybody know where I can get a small one?

Iris,

+ + +
Different search engines turn up different results, so the exact sequence of
the top hits will vary a little.

Perhaps the epithet "halepensis" has something to do with the fact that the
species used to include P.brutia which does occur in Syria.

Actually Miller's "The gardeners dictionary" is just the sort of thing that
would be very useful on the internet and it may well be there, somewhere.

PvR