Old 08-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Ross Reid

Default Peach Trees From Pits?

"Jo-Ann" wrote in message
Hello,
I have searched the Internet and cannot find information on whether or not

peach tree will grow from the peach pit. Does anyone know about this? If

it
can be done, how?
thanks so much.

Jo-Ann

"Tim B" wrote:
It would take forever. how many years do you expect to live.

Wrong.
For the past 23 years, we've been harvesting some of the nicest
peaches I've ever tasted, produced by a tree grown from a pit.
If Jo-Ann plans to live more than another 3 or 4 years she'll have to
take her chances on the quality of the fruit but, she will be
harvesting peaches from her tree grown from a pit.
Ross,
Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º19' North