Old 08-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Two questions - rose leaves and pruning!

"GR" wrote in message

Secondly, is it safe to prune young green growth on any plant during
the growing season if it's obviously growing in the wrong place or in
the wrong direction? We have a Chilean potato bush that's growing at
lightspeed (just what we wanted for screening purposes) , but as well
as growing up and sideways, it's growing away from the wall and
towards the house... am I okay to cut out the stems I don't want now,
or do I have to wait until the winter?

You can prune it at any time you like. Be warned though, if you stand close
to it and think about where to prune it will grow around you and pull you
into it self.......

pk