Old 08-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default Are lilacs (impatiens) annuals or perennials?

Article 31a of the International Code of Nomenclature of Cultivated Plants
prohibits using the botanical or common name of a genus or the common name
of a species for a cultivar name because it would lead to confusion.
Therefore, you believe incorrectly. Ablang is just playing with your little
head, Peewee.

Adam Schwartz wrote in message
"Ablang" wrote in message
Are lilacs (impatiens) annuals or perennials?

Also, if an annual is not supposed to last more than 1 year (season),

what
is
the point of planting and watering them if you are wasting your time?

"We lie. We cheat. We steal."
-- WWE wrestler, Eddie Guerrero

I believe there is a veriety of impatiens called lilac becaue it has
lilac-colored flowers.
Many people find the activity of gardening to be fun and rewarding (myself
included). Not to sound too nihilistic, but eventually everything we do
will be destroyed, so by your philosophy, why do anything at all?

-Adam