Old 08-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Susiemw

Default Are lilacs (impatiens) annuals or perennials?

(I have many perennials in my
garden), but annuals give you a much better selection of colors and you can
fill in bare spots in perennial beds with beautiful color. They are also
much less expensive.

I also use both annuals and perennials. I think there is a great place for
both.

I disagree with your statement that annuals are much less expensive than
perennials.

It may be different where you are but here in the midwest, I haven't found the
perennials to cost any more for the initial purchase than annuals and you only
have to buy them once.
Annuals have to be purchased year after year after year... so the perennials
end up saving you lots of money with their one time purchase price.

Susan