Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 PM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default ? Tumor, or pregnant goldfish?

The scales appear normal [tight], and all behaviors are normal [eating,
movement, etc]... the only thing that appears to be unusual [to me] is the
huge round belly.

Mila

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I would like to see some more information. Are the scales sticking out
making it look like a pine cone, or are the scales tight against the side

of
the fish?
--
RichToyBox

"BTC/TAK on ACK" wrote in message
I noticed [about 2 weeks ago] a goldfish with a very large round belly,

and
assumed "she" was pregnant. She is about 3 inches long [probably 3-4

around
at her belly], seems to be as active as the other fish, eats normally,

etc.
But she is still the same shape [not noticeably larger]. How long are
goldfish normally pregnant [if at all]? Although I always seen to be

seeing
new babies swimming around in my southern New England pond, I've never
noticed a pregnant fish before. I'm beginning to wonder if she has a

tumor
of some sort. Any input, ideas, suggestions welcome.

Mila