Old 08-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Ross Reid

Default vegetable juice preservation/recipes?

(JohnDKestell) wrote:

HI,
I was wondering if anyone had some good recipes for preparing a juice similar
to "V8" juice? It seems that I will be having more tomatoes than Ican even
begin to think about giving away (pity pity!) Anyway, the juice would be
awesome for making some good chile, or even for some bloody marys through the
winter.

any ideas would be appreciated. haven't had a lot of luck on the web .

thanks,
john

Go to the web site of the National Center for Home Food Preservation
and follow the links.
Main site is located at:
http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/index.html
Tomato juice is located at:
http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_03/tomato_juice.html
Tomato vegetable juice mix is located at:
http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_03/...veg_juice.html

Be advised that it is necessary to process the resulting juice in
either a boiling water bath or a pressure canner (preferred).

Ross.