Old 09-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Gene Schurg

Default New plants, could use advice

Peter,

Sounds like this store is giving everything away. Where do I have to go to
find a place like that

All the plants you listed are high light (Vanda light) plants. I grow my
Asc. curvifolium in the greenhouse with high light in a wooden basket. I
have a few chucks of cocohusk in the basket to keep the humidity up. When
it gets sufficient light the curvifolium foliage has red dots on the leaves.

The cirrhopetalum I have in a wooden basket filled with moss. I give it
less light than the vandas but more than the phals. I hang it were it will
get good air movement.

I believe the Renanthera takes the same culture as the Vandas and
Ascocendria.

With all of these high light plants are you growing outdoors or in a
greenhouse?

Good Growing,
Gene

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
e...
Hallo everybody
I tried Rob's rule nr 1 yesterday.
I went out to buy an orchid. (Second vanda coerulea). But the store gave

it
to me as a present to. (Hip Hip hoera)
I also got 3 tickets for a tombola. Guess what I won something. So today I
went back there to get my prize. A coupon to buy more plants. (just

lovely)
So I bought some more plants. (Renathera imschootiana and a vanda Dr.
Anek*V.Chindavat).
Now every customer gets 10% of the value bought for after ten visites. And
that was another ?15. So I bought a Ascocentrum curvifolium for it and got

cirrhopetalum species as a gift. (Been in business for 25 years)

I just don't know anything about renanthera, ascocentrum and

cirrhopetalum.
I got some advice on the cirrhopetalum but forgot to ask about the others.
So if anyone has any advice she/he would be willing to share with me, I
would be greatfull.

Peter the greatfull