Old 09-06-2003, 06:20 AM
bnd777

Default clematis problems

I would be sure to move them in the autumn to a more suitable position
No matter how much you feed them or water them the hedge will take most of
the attention
Clematis do better without the competition of other hungry feeders
"Sam" wrote in message
Having discussed this witha neightbour today, I think they might not
have had enough water. I have been watering them, but she pointed out
they are by a hedge and the competition may betoo much. I'm going to
try watering them a bit more and will try feeding them as well. I dod
put a good supply of organic feed in when I planted them, but could
probably do with some more now.

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:58:09 +0100, "Drakanthus"
wrote:

I planted 2 clematis back in early April. They are 2 differnt
varieties, but I can't find the labels at the oment so i can't say
what they are - sorry. Both did really well initially, putting out
lots of growth and climbing well. Then one stopped growing and showed
some yellowing on the lower leaves, while the other thrived and has
about doubled in height. This one has now also stopped growing and is
beginning to show yellow leaves. Any ideas?

Sam

Clematis like to have cool roots. Are they in a position where they are
getting too hot?
Are you watering them enough or too much?
Have you fed them? I give mine Miracle-Grow now and then - they seem to

like
it.