Old 09-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Shiva

Default Learning experience

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 01:50:54 GMT, "Susan Solomon"
wrote:

Well, it's my own fault. . .

I love looking at catalogs, and the David Austin color catalog is one of the
prettiest I'd seen. I looked and sighed, and finally selected 8 of the
prettiest for my rose garden. Four climbers to go on the corners of a gazebo
(St. Swithin, Bro. Cadfael, Kathryn Morley, Constance Spry), the rest (Mary
Rose, Evelyn, Glamys Castle, Heritage) for the rose bed.

Well, I'm trying not to make a snap decision and grab the shovel without
giving them a fair shake, but after 4 months of growth from bare-root and
the first bloom, I am distinctly unimpressed with Austin's roses.

FOUR MONTHS?

Susan, I'm curious, how do these Austins compare to other bare root
roses that you have had for four months from the day you put them in
the ground?