Old 09-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Mike

Default Burgess Propane Fogger

Im looking into getting one of the Burgess Foggers from Home Depot.
I plan on using it near a lake, and around some flower beds. There are also
a lot of birds, squirrels, and a few cats around.
My primary concern would be the hazard to myself while fogging. Quite often
the wind is blowing off the lake, but is usually calm in the early mornings
and at night.
The Burgess unit comes with a .2% Resmethrin insecticide solution which is
oil based from what i have read.
From what i have read about Resmethrin at the two sites below it seems
somewhat safe to use, but as the one site shows it can be harmful to fish.
But that site also shows it being used in a much higher concentration.

http://www.safe2use.com/poisons-pest...ids/resmethrin
..htm

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/pest/scourge.htm

My other concerns would be to the pets and wildlife in the area, and lastly
to the flower beds.
Anyone using this under similar conditions? Any precautions or other
insecticides that might be less harmful?
All comments welcomed.