Old 09-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Kay Easton

Default 4 mystery plants - help please!

In article ,
GoldDustRhiannon writes
Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark on the
photo

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis2.jpg
This is a really bad photo but if you go to the bottom its a bit clearer. It
has an unusual smell when the leaves are crushed. Its about 2 ft and it wasn't
there lastyear.

Feverfew? White daisy flowers when it comes out - can be single of
double. Seeds itself around with abandon. THere's a yellow leaved form
which is even nicer. Take the flowering stem out once it's flowered and
leave a neat little clump of foliage . Treat it as one of those things
you leave around to fill gaps but pull up if you want to grow something
there.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it. It grows
about 2-3ft

Possibly paeony. They're pernicketty things and won't flower unless
they're happy where they are.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis4.jpg
This one I would love to find out about. It is probably a bulb. You can see its
leaf on the left. Its flower head is about 2.5 to 3 inch across

Ah, I know that one! Allium moly, an ornamental onion. Pretty well
behaved and well worth having around.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: