Old 09-06-2003, 02:20 PM
GoldDustRhiannon

Default 4 mystery plants - help please!

Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark on the
photo

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis2.jpg
This is a really bad photo but if you go to the bottom its a bit clearer. It
has an unusual smell when the leaves are crushed. Its about 2 ft and it wasn't
there lastyear.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it. It grows
about 2-3ft

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis4.jpg
This one I would love to find out about. It is probably a bulb. You can see its
leaf on the left. Its flower head is about 2.5 to 3 inch across

) Lorraine
Old 09-06-2003, 02:32 PM
jane

On 09 Jun 2003 13:13:46 GMT, ojunk
(GoldDustRhiannon) wrote:

~Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???
Not for the first ones...
~
~
http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
~This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark on the
~photo
~
~http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis2.jpg
~This is a really bad photo but if you go to the bottom its a bit clearer. It
~has an unusual smell when the leaves are crushed. Its about 2 ft and it wasn't
~there lastyear.
~
~http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
~This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it. It grows
~about 2-3ft
~

but this one I can do!
~http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis4.jpg
~This one I would love to find out about. It is probably a bulb. You can see its
~leaf on the left. Its flower head is about 2.5 to 3 inch across
Allium Moly
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...pages/30.shtml

:-)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 09-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Kay Easton

In article ,
GoldDustRhiannon writes
Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark on the
photo

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis2.jpg
This is a really bad photo but if you go to the bottom its a bit clearer. It
has an unusual smell when the leaves are crushed. Its about 2 ft and it wasn't
there lastyear.

Feverfew? White daisy flowers when it comes out - can be single of
double. Seeds itself around with abandon. THere's a yellow leaved form
which is even nicer. Take the flowering stem out once it's flowered and
leave a neat little clump of foliage . Treat it as one of those things
you leave around to fill gaps but pull up if you want to grow something
there.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it. It grows
about 2-3ft

Possibly paeony. They're pernicketty things and won't flower unless
they're happy where they are.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis4.jpg
This one I would love to find out about. It is probably a bulb. You can see its
leaf on the left. Its flower head is about 2.5 to 3 inch across

Ah, I know that one! Allium moly, an ornamental onion. Pretty well
behaved and well worth having around.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 09-06-2003, 02:56 PM
A.Malhotra

GoldDustRhiannon wrote:

Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it. It grows
about 2-3ft

Don't know what the scale is but it looks like the Lovage I have just
planted. I didn't know that it was a perennial though.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis4.jpg
This one I would love to find out about. It is probably a bulb. You can see its
leaf on the left. Its flower head is about 2.5 to 3 inch across

Allium moly?

Can't help with the first two I'm afraid.
Anita
Old 09-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Melanie

I think the second one is feverfew. It stinks like heck, and has a white
daisy in summer. I call it a weed, but I've seen it for sale in garden
centres and I think it can be used as a medicinal herb.

Old 09-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Victoria Clare

ojunk (GoldDustRhiannon) wrote in
:

Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark
on the photo

OK - my wild guess is that it's a really healthy forsythia. I'm basing
this on the texture of the bark and the paired leaves. The stems and
leaves are usually a bit yellower, but I've got one where they are that
darker colour, and they do take easily from cuttings.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis2.jpg
This is a really bad photo but if you go to the bottom its a bit
clearer. It has an unusual smell when the leaves are crushed. Its
about 2 ft and it wasn't there lastyear.

feverfew, I'd guess, like everyone else.

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it.
It grows about 2-3ft

If Kay's wrong and it's not a peony, I'd guess some sort of damp-loving
buttercup or marsh marigold type thing. What's the soil like around there?

These identifications are worth what you paid for them ;-)

Victoria
Old 09-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Victoria
Clare writes
(GoldDustRhiannon) wrote in
:

Would love to know what these plants are. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis1.jpg
This one seems to be a tree cutting - I tries to get a bit of the bark
on the photo

OK - my wild guess is that it's a really healthy forsythia. I'm basing
this on the texture of the bark and the paired leaves. The stems and
leaves are usually a bit yellower, but I've got one where they are that
darker colour, and they do take easily from cuttings.

Yes - I'd go along with that. I knew it was familiar but I couldn't
remember what!

http://www.members.aol.com/golddustr...Whatsthis3.jpg
This one comes up every year but I've never noticed any flowers on it.
It grows about 2-3ft

If Kay's wrong and it's not a peony, I'd guess some sort of damp-loving
buttercup

Not segmented enough leaves

or marsh marigold type thing.

Marsh marigolds have circular leaves like giant celandines.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: