Old 09-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Theo Asir

Default Learning experience

prettiest for my rose garden. Four climbers to go on the corners of a

gazebo
(St. Swithin, Bro. Cadfael, Kathryn Morley, Constance Spry), the rest

(Mary
Rose, Evelyn, Glamys Castle, Heritage) for the rose bed.

Susan, I grow all these except Cadfael & Swithin.

As a disclaimer, Austins have a well
documented problem with SoCal climate.
The warmth w/ no real winter chill causes
weird wild growth.

Typically roses do very little the first year.
They just don't have the roots established
enough to do anything.

These roses grow very well for me. Mary rose
(I grow Winchester cathedral her sport) is
absolutely covered in blooms for her second flush.

Mildew is something almost every rose is suseptible to.
Many SoCal growers use a jojoba oil product called erase.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City