Old 09-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Annabel

Default Bamboo - How clumpy is clump forming?

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message
Until this year my Phyllostachys aurea has been very well behaved

sending
new cane up in or very close to the existing clump.

This year however it seems to have gone crazy sending out ground level
runners in every direction under the mulch sheet and gravel to 1-2m in

every
direction!

all the references seem to say non-invasive or well behaved except an
American reference to being an aggressive spreader in hot climates.

anyone any experience?

**
All outgoing messages scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus

I hope you don't mind this approach... Any chance of sending me a
propagatable piece. I have a small "black bamboo" you could have in
exchange.

Annabel